To begin with, let’s clarify that there are no muscles in the female breast. This is primarily adipose and glandular tissue, so it is impossible to “pump up” it with the help of exercises. But exercise can create a raised and rounded bust shape. We have prepared 9 exercises for home and gym, which will help to make your breasts more attractive.
Do women need to train their breasts?
Before asking how to pump up a girl’s breasts, let’s determine whether there is a need for this and what benefits can be obtained from this:
- The pectoral muscles are involved in most of the daily activities that we do mechanically. For example, all pushing movements are triggered by the chest muscles. The simplest examples are opening doors or pushing a baby carriage. Accordingly, developed chest muscles can simplify many daily activities.
- The pectoral muscles affect posture. We spend most of the day in front of laptops and phones, rounding our backs and slouching. This body position causes the chest muscles to contract / shorten and the back muscles to lengthen. This imbalance causes many health problems and prevents the body from working efficiently.
- With the right exercises for the chest, blood circulation, digestion, and lung function are improved. The pectoralis minor muscle is active with every breath. In fact, this is what helps open the diaphragm. If the ribcage is deformed, narrowed, breathing can become shallow and not provide the body with the necessary flow of oxygen-rich blood.
- Chest exercises can work many other muscles. Typically, the shoulders, triceps, back, abdominal muscles, and core are engaged at the same time.
Chest training myths
There are several myths regarding breast workouts for women. Some believe that exercises on the chest can make it smaller and avoid them in every possible way. Others hope that training will increase it. But the truth is, both assumptions are wrong.
The female breast is made up of fat and mammary glands. It is impossible to influence them locally with the help of exercises. Breast size is determined by a combination of genetics, lifestyle, and body weight.
How can exercise help? Muscle pumping tones the chest area, making it more prominent, slows down, sagging, and the appearance of flabbiness. The cumulative effect is more like a lift than an increase.
Breasts can shrink due to overall weight loss. Fat in the body is burned evenly, including that located in the chest. Therefore, many women striving for weight loss should be prepared because extra centimeters will go away not only from problem areas.
According to the American Council on Exercise, for “basic physical and physiological health,” women should have at least 10-13% body fat. Decreasing levels below 10% can lead to health risks.
6 tips on how to effectively pump up a girl’s breasts
The chest muscles are one of the largest muscle groups in the upper body and are made up of several parts:
- The pectoralis major is a fan-shaped muscle located directly under the breast tissue at the top.
- Pectoralis minor – Located in the upper chest, below the pectoralis major muscle.
- Serratus anterior muscle – located on the side of the chest, along the ribs.
- The subclavian muscle is a small triangular muscle located between the clavicle and the first rib.
Knowing the chest structure, it is much easier to control which of them are strained and worked out.
Basic rules for effective chest workouts
- Do chest exercises not mechanically (by inertia), but slowly and deliberately.
- Give yourself plenty of rest both between sets and after workouts.
- Increase the load gradually. Do not grab heavy weights right away so that you can make controlled movements and complete the repetition cycle without problems.
- Do chest workouts no more than twice a week for optimal results. There should be at least 48 hours between workouts on the same muscle group.
- Always warm up before lifting weights. Do 5 minutes of light cardio or dynamic stretching to get your muscles and connective tissues ready for stress.
- Remember to breathe correctly while exercising. Never hold your breath. Breathe in when the muscles are relaxed, and exhale during tension when maximum effort is applied.
4 exercises to pump up a girl’s chest at home
The basic and basic exercise that is recommended for developing the muscles of the chest is push-ups. Their variability depends on the physical fitness of each girl. You can perform the classic version, push-ups from the wall, on your knees, with different arms, etc. Let’s start with the classic version.
- Start in a plank position with your arms directly under your shoulders, while engaging your core and glutes.
- Lower your chest and quads to the ground, making sure your elbows form a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your torso and head still and hold them in a straight line.
- Once your chest and quads touch the ground, return to plank position.
Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
To do reverse triceps push-ups, you will need a bench or other surface from which you can push off. Reverse push-ups are performed in 3-4 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
- Place your palms on the edge of a horizontal bench, put your feet on the floor, tighten your abs.
- As you exhale, push your body weight upward, feeling the work of the triceps. At the same time, the elbows are directed strictly back, not to the sides.
- Pushing off the bench as much as possible, opening the chest, hold in the position for 1-2 seconds.
- As you inhale, slowly lower yourself down without bending your knees and keeping your abs tense. At the bottom of the movement, the elbows should be parallel to the floor.
This basic yoga asana is ideal for opening and strengthening the pectoral muscles.
- Lie on a rug on your stomach.
- Feet shoulder width apart, palms at chest level and directed forward.
- Exhale and lift your torso off the floor so that your arms are fully extended and your head is between them.
- Try to keep your legs straight and your feet flat on the floor (without lifting your heels).
- Freeze in this position for 30-40 seconds, while breathing deeply and calmly.
- Then exhale, lift your head off the mat and smoothly move to the plank. After completing the exercise, lie down on the mat and rest.
The plank is a versatile exercise that works on all major muscle groups, including the pectorals, and strengthens the spine and core. In this article, we will consider the classic version of the exercise.
- Get on all fours and straighten your legs, lift your heels and hips, as if you are going to do push-ups.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart. They can be either fully extended or bent at the elbows.
- The body and legs should form a straight line. The head looks at the floor.
- Hold this position for up to 1 minute. Then take a break and complete up to 5 sets.
5 exercises to pump up a girl’s chest in the gym
Incline Dumbbell Press
This chest exercise can be performed both in an incline bench and in a neutral and lowered position. They all affect different areas of the same muscles.
How to do an incline dumbbell press?
- Lie on an incline with your back straight and your shoulders back.
- Take dumbbells in each hand and raise your hands, palms forward.
- Lower the dumbbells in an inverted V shape. Stop when they are near your chest.
- Inhale and slowly raise them to their original position. The inner plates of both dumbbells should touch.
Do 3 sets of 15 reps and rest 10-30 seconds after each round.
Pull-ups in the gravitron
- Set the required weight (for beginners, this is 70-80% of body weight).
- Climb onto the machine with your knees on the lower platform. Grasp the upper handle holders with your hands. Keep your back straight, look up.
- Inhale and as you exhale, using your back muscles, begin to pull yourself up to a position until your chin is at the level of the handles. At the top, make a peak contraction and squeeze the lats.
- Slowly and in a controlled manner, straightening your arms as you exhale, return to the starting position.
Do 2 sets of 10-12 reps.
Reduction of hands on the chest in the simulator (exercise “butterfly”)
- Set the weight you want. Adjust the seat height for optimal and safe use of the machine.
- Place your forearms on the pillows so that your elbows are at shoulder level. Place your feet comfortably on the supports. Straighten your back, straighten your chest.
- As you inhale, spread your arms, stretching your chest muscles as much as possible.
- Exhale while bringing your forearms together.
Do 2 sets of 10-12 reps.
Reduction of hands in a crossover
- Attach the D-handles to the expander cables, grasp them and stand in the middle.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart or push one forward slightly for greater stability.
- Spread your arms out to the sides and turn your hands, palms forward.
- Keep your back straight, pull your stomach in, straighten your shoulders.
- Take a deep breath and bring your hands together at the level of the collarbones, while the elbows should be slightly bent.
- When you reach the peak of the amplitude, hold for a second, exhale and reverse the movement with your hands.
Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
For beginners, it is recommended to start with a dumbbell weight of 2-3 kg.
- Lie on a bench with your back, neck, and head fully supported. Place your feet on the floor slightly wider than the bench.
- Grasp the dumbbell with both hands. Stretch your arms out in front of you, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- As you inhale, extend the dumbbell and take it back behind your head. Reach the fully extended position in about 3-4 seconds.
- Then exhale slowly and return your arms to their original position in front of your chest.
An alternative to the bench is a fitness ball. Do 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
As we have already found out, training does not directly affect breast size, but strengthening the surrounding muscles can improve its appearance. Flabbiness occurs due to the loss of estrogen and collagen, which occurs naturally with age. The best you can do is live a healthy lifestyle, maintain a healthy weight, and eat right.
Chest loads should be combined with strength exercises for other parts of the body. This will ensure balanced muscle growth. Add cardio and massage to your workout routine for those looking to lose weight in the décolleté area. This will help you shed unwanted fat and make your bust look tighter and firmer. And don’t forget that all bodies are unique and unrepeatable.