Forming the perfect butt is one of the top fitness goals for many girls. But a tight butt is more than just aesthetics. In addition to imparting attractive curves, these muscles have many important functions. They facilitate daily activities (walking, running, jumping, lifting), help maintain balance, reduce posture problems, and more.
If you are looking for additional ways how to pump up the ass and want to diversify your sports routine, we offer a set of exercises with an elastic band for the buttocks.
Research published in SAGE Open Med show that resistance bands can be as effective for strength training as free weights. They provide muscle gain and less impact on joints, which minimizes the risk of injury.
What is a fitness gum and how to choose it?
Fitness elastic bands, they are also resistance bands, are special elastic bands that serve as an excellent alternative to weights in home and indoor workouts. Their advantage lies in their low cost, versatility and flexibility of use.
Most belts are color coded or labeled (S to XXL) according to the tension level. The less elastic, the more resistance the muscles receive. The gradation in most cases is as follows:
- Yellow, green, orange ribbons are suitable for beginners. The load ranges from 2 to 5 kg.
- Red ribbons are considered a versatile option. The fitness elastic band provides a load of 5 to 8 kg.
- Blue is great for working out the legs and buttocks. The belt provides a load from 12 to 18 kg, therefore it is suitable for those who have training experience.
- The black color provides a load of 19 to 30 kg. Ideal for experienced athletes.
It is recommended to have different versions of the resistance bands, since different muscle groups require individual loads. The favorites of many athletes are the following manufacturers of fitness rubber bands: SPRI, Fit Simplify, Insonder, BodyBoss 2.0 Full Portable Home Gym.
The lifespan of the resistance bands depends on how they are used and stored. If you do this incorrectly (do not hide from direct sunlight, dry on a battery, etc.), they can crack, lose elasticity or weaken prematurely. In other cases, the term of use is practically unlimited.
Benefits of training with fitness bands
- Flexibility. With their help, you can train at home, in the gym, on the street and even while traveling. They do not require additional storage space.
- Versatility. Since resistance bands come in a variety of “weights” (resistances), there is a level suitable for everyone, from a beginner to an experienced athlete.
- Variability. With the help of fitness bands, you can work out all major muscle groups. The tape allows you to change position in different ways and create resistance from all sides, which ensures an effective workout.
Exercise # 1. Breeding the legs in the gluteal bridge
- Lie on your back with the elastic above your knees. Place your feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Place your hands alongside your body and support your palms.
- Tighten your glutes and lift your pelvis and core as high as possible. Make sure that the lower back does not bend.
- At the peak position, begin to move your knees to the sides so that they are wider than your shoulders and the elastic resists.
- Slowly close your legs and return to the starting position.
Perform 2 sets of 10 times.
Exercise number 2. Raising the legs in the bar
- Stand on the floor in a push-up position. Place the elastic band around your ankles. Make sure your wrists are right under your shoulders.
- Without arching your back, tense your buttocks and lift your right leg up so that it forms a straight line with your torso. Freeze in this position for a few seconds, then put your leg back.
- Repeat with the left leg.
Don’t let your hips drop or rise, control your core.
Do at least 10 reps for each leg.
Exercise number 3. Side steps in a semi-squat
- Stand up straight. The back is straight, the gaze is directed forward. Place the elastic above the knee or in the ankle area. Depending on your level of training. The second option is a little more difficult to perform.
- Pull your pelvis back a little so that the body is in a half-squat position. Keep your hands in front of you or at your sides for balance.
- In a half-squat position, start taking steps to one side, then to the opposite.
Follow 2 sets of 12-15 steps in each direction.
Exercise number 4. Leading the leg back in a standing position
- Take a stable position (you can start against the wall). Place the fitness band around your ankle.
- Keeping your legs straight, bring one leg back until it is at a 45-degree angle.
- Put it in its original position and repeat the exercise with the other leg.
Try to stay at the peak point and control the contraction of the gluteal muscles.
Do 10 reps for each leg.
Exercise number 5. “Shell”
- Place the elastic on your legs just above or below your knees. Lie on your side using your forearm as in the side plank.
- The legs are slightly bent and lie on top of one another.
- Raise your top knee keeping your feet together.
- Hold for a few seconds at the top point and slowly lower your knee to the starting position.
- Perform the movement in a controlled manner and watch the tension in the muscles of the thighs and buttocks.
For beginners, it is best to start the exercise with a fitness elastic band with minimal resistance.
Do 10-15 reps on each leg.
Exercise number 6. Squats with a fitness band
The technique of performing the exercise is no different from ordinary squats.
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your back straight and look in front of you.
- Lower slowly until you have a 90 degree angle. Make sure that your knees do not go over the toes of your sneakers.
- Return to the original position.
Do 2 sets of 10-15 reps.
Resistance bands are cheaper and more portable than other types of exercise machines. At the same time, elastic bands are effective for both beginners and experienced athletes, since they have an adjustable level of resistance. They are often used not only for strength training, but also for rehabilitation and prophylactic purposes.
Elastic band exercises are ideal for working out the glutes, legs, arms and core. Research Johns Hopkins Medicine recommend using elastic bands as one of the safest methods to increase bone strength and prevent osteoporosis. With just one fitness band and some exercise space, you can progress towards your fitness goals and improve your health.